Voices for Ukraine Benefit Concert
Voices for Ukraine unites five of Portland’s finest choirs in a benefit concert to raise funds for the crisis in Ukraine. Representing Portland’s best community, professional, and student choirs, the concert features The Portland Symphonic Choir, Cappella Romana, Oregon Repertory Singers, PSU Chamber Choir, and Grant High School’s Royal Blues. All net proceeds from this event support Mercy Corps emergency response in Ukraine.
About the Crisis in Ukraine
The UNHCR estimates that 3.7 million refugees have fled Ukraine and that more than 10 million Ukrainians have been internally displaced by intense fighting. Globally, the conflict’s far-reaching effects include food shortages, hunger, and a refugee crisis.
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is on the ground in Ukraine and provides assistance to local organizations, refugees, and Ukrainians remaining in the country.
For entry to First United Methodist Church, Voices for Ukraine will require for all patrons a proof of full vaccination, or a negative COVID-19 test, to attend concerts and events
- Proof of Vaccination: Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required for all attendees over the age of 12. Please bring your ticket, proof of vaccination, and a photo ID for all patrons over the age of 18 to verify your identity. We will be checking them at the door.
- “Fully vaccinated” means that an attendee has received their final vaccination dose of either the two-dose regimen of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or one dose of Johnson & Johnson at least 14 days before your performance date.
- Proof of vaccination can be your physical vaccination card, or a picture/copy of your vaccination card (paper or digital), or a digital vaccination record.
- We understand that there are many reasons that legal IDs might not match vaccine cards or names. If you have a concern or question, you can ask one of our attendants for an alternate verification method with the details you used to reserve your ticket.
- COVID-19 Test Result: Patrons must bring an electronic, photo, or paper copy of a negative COVID-19 test result within 48 hours. Please note that test result documentation must be directly from the healthcare provider that performed the test along with a valid driver’s license or other government-issued ID matching the name on the COVID-19 test result.
- Masks: A face covering is required for entry into the concert hall. Children under 5 years of age are not required to wear a mask. Face coverings must completely cover the nose and mouth and have ear loops, or similar, to hold them in place. Gaiters and bandanas are not acceptable. Face coverings must be worn at all times except while eating, drinking, or taking oral medications for brief periods.
When: Sunday, May 1st at 4:00 p.m.
Where: First United Methodist Church, Goose Hollow
1838 SW Jefferson St, Portland, OR 97201